Sillcock with odd connection

Users who are viewing this thread

gregnoob

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

I've got a sillcock that is leaking like crazy. This started as a really slow drip and is now a steady stream. Trouble is that this house still has polybutylene piping which I have not got around to replacing and I've never worked with polybutylene before.

I have no clue how these connections work and this one looks odd anyway. Can anyone tell me what is going on here connection-wise and how I can replace this without buying any special poly-b tools? I cannot find a shut-off for this spigot so I need to replace it ASAP. My initial plan had been to just cut the copper just behind the spigot and solder a new spigot on but I am afraid that the heat will melt the plastic piping.

Photos below:

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That's a frostfree silcock, and if you can identify the brand, you might be able to buy a rebuild kit for it. I'm surprised there's that much excess in the wall so that you can pull it out that far.

Jm66208

Reaction score
I'd turn the water off & try to take the silcock apart. You might just need a $2.00 washer. If not, either buy the proper tools, or call a plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks