Silicone oozed under shower pan liner

Users who are viewing this thread

Brandon1023

Reaction score
Hey guys first post here.. To make a long story short, I am building a shower in a rental property and I used an old tube of silicone to secure the liner to the drain flange. The tube had dry silicone, so I had to cut it with a blade and a a result, a thicker than normal bead came out. I didn't think it'd be a problem and went ahead and tightened the bolts. The next day after I flood tested it, I realized there's now a lump under the liner around the drain flange.

How big of a deal is this? I can remove a couple cement boards and maybe lift the liner up from the outer edges to try and carefully get a blade under there and remove the excess. If I leave it, I don't see how the water will get into the weep holes. Any opinions are welcome.

Screenshot_20210907-121426_QuickPic.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Silicone doesn't cure too fast.. could you release the clamp and scrape off the lumps?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks