Silicone Grease and Silicone Oil

Users who are viewing this thread

Larbo

Reaction score
Years ago I found the joys of silicone grease for use with threaded and rubber-interfaced connections (never leave home without it... so to speak!).

I have a water faucet with a spout that rotates on the kitchen sink for an undercounter-type filter. That rotation has gotten a stiff over time and I thought about what kind of lubricant I could drip into that joint to safely loosen/lube it up. Anything petroleum based will ruin the o-ring and silicone grease is too thick to physically get to the problem area. Hence, my brain thought of silicone oil.

So, for this need, are there any recommended "oily" lubricants? Is silicone oil (not spray) safe to use here and is there a plumbing precedence for its general use in the field? Just wonderin'. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks