Silcock Leaking - unknown mfg

Users who are viewing this thread

lowjaw

Reaction score
Hi all, I need some information to help my son with a leaking silcock.

Silcock: 1/4 turn, manufacturer unknown. Only clue is logo on handle. See picture.

Sympton: In off position, silcock was leaking at a slow "stream". Much more than a dribble or drops.

I pulled the valve out and found the split seal. See picture. I don't know if I damage this seal in removal or if this was the original problem. I'm looking for a replacement kit to refurbish.

Does anyone recognize this brand or where to get a refurb kit? Local Home Depot and 3 plumbers I've called did not.

Would this split seal be the cause of the leak described above, or is there likely a leak in the 1/4 turn mechanism? The O rings on the end appear to be good so I'm thinking they were not the original leak problem.

Are there generic seals available that would likely work if brand refurb kit not available?

This silcock is soldered on so this may be beyond my skill level to replace.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Cheers,
Roger

Oh: we're located in Lake Zurich, a Chicago suburb in case of a location specific recommendation

It may be a Legend hose frostfree faucet. Can you post a picture of the handle?
Terry

Attachments

• IMG_4048-3.jpg
    IMG_4048-3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,628
Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
CSA is Canadian Standards Association, which is a listing agency. Sort of like having a UL on it. ASSE 1079 is the spec it is built to, American Society of Safety Engineers Spec 1079.

That seal is purpose built just for that valve, there is no generic. HD certainly, and probably most plumbing supplies would not stock a kit. It will need to be ordered from the manufacturer. It is a sophisticated enough looking valve that a kit should be available, unless it is made in the Lucky Magic Sillcock Factory.

If you post pictures of the complete valve, someone may recognize it. Most better brands have their logo on it somewhere.

lowjaw

Reaction score
Thanks! With your reply above I realize why I had no joy in searching for a "CSA" silcock! With that out of my focus, I found this to be a B&K Mueller silcock. I searched online and found a youtube link that helped differentiate the various B&K silcocks. With this knowledge I should now be able to find the refurb kit. This now seems much simpler, and your answer helped correct my focus. Thanks Jimbo.

Cheers,
Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks