Side by side sinks not running at same pressure

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by voodoomike69, Aug 1, 2014.

1. voodoomike69

voodoomike69 New Member

I have a side by side sink in my master bath which isn't working properly.
    One side flows normal, no issues. The other side starts slow and has almost no pressure at any time. The water slowly dwindles away after the faucet is turned off, unlike the other side.
    It doesn't matter if the other sink is on or off or if the shower/tub is on.
    I checked to be sure the water pressure was open, closed it and re-opened it but it hasn't helped.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Try cleaning the aerator of the slow sink. If that does not do it, swap the aerators, and see if the problem follows the aerator. It's an easy place to start.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If that doesn't fix it, it could be a loose washer (may not have any! - could be a cartridge) or some crud caught in the line or the cartridge. A few of them have an inlet filter screen, and that could be gummed up.
  4. voodoomike69

voodoomike69 New Member

The aerator was the problem, thanks for the help!