Shower water runs out when opened

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by nancymarie5, Jun 25, 2009.

1. nancymarie5

nancymarie5 New Member

How do I fix this problem-after showering and opening shower door, water runs out of track onto floor, carpet, etc? This is a new condo with a brand new shower door.
    Thanks.
  2. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

Is the door installed correctly. In the ones I've seen the track drain is installed towards the inside of the shower.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

With no more information than you have given us, I would agree that the track was installed inside out. The track should drain into the tub.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

door

It appears to be a shower with a hinged door. Is this merely water lying on the top of the track which drains off when the door is opened?
  5. nancymarie5

nancymarie5 New Member

HJ,

Yes, it is an independent shower, and the water collects in the track. When I open the door, all the water collected runs out onto the floor or bathmat. Should the track be adjusted up, down, or what if it was totally closed off?
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

track

It may just have to be relocated so the hinged end is lower when the door is open so the water drains back into the shower. Right now it may be the opposite way, or the door may be out of plumb so the water drains the wrong way when it opens.
  7. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

One thing to consider also is they may have made the curb either without any pitch to the inside of the shower, or, it could be level or tiled out.