shower wall paneling

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotrod351

Reaction score
i live in a old mobile home. i keep having problems with the paneling in the bath tub shower walls. the wall werent in that good of shape when i bought the place, ofcourse there were over 15 years old, so i replaced them with paneling from our local tru value store and they lasted 8 years. well that store went out of business and now we have home depot, i bought, what appeared to be, the same type of paneling, but it last about 8 or 9 months until it starts go to hell, i mean it starts to peel and buckle. i have looked on line for some good bath tub wall surround but the only stuff i can find cost around $400.00. i was hoping to find some abs paneling, 1/8th thick that i could use, figured it would hold up. any cost effective way to solve this problem.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, it is for bathroom walls but not really for showers.....but a product that HD sells called FRP panel. It is all plastic, and would hold up. But is is flat sheets, and you would have trouble with the corners seams.

Hotrod351

Reaction score
well i bought some pvc sheets, 1/8th thick, at home depot, textured on one side. feels thicker the the cheap surrounds they have. now all i have to do is see how long it will last. would of been perfect to find some sheets 3/16ths thick. im sure that would last for ever. now, correct me if im wrong, im figuring i can clean it with ordinary household cleaners.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks