Shower Valve Question

Users who are viewing this thread

dkn63

Reaction score
I am in the middle of a bath remodel and at the point of plumbing in the shower valve assembly
my question is : what is the best way to mount the valve and the 90* nipples so they will be at the correct depth to the finished wall
I hope that makes sense
thanks, Doug

Sulconst2

Reaction score
your directions should have a min and max to finished wall from center of inlet. do the math and mount a 2 x 4 between the studs at the right depth. plus don't sweat directly to the valve unless you take it apart.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It is essential that you have the control you want to put into the wall or at the very minimum the detailed spec sheet so you can understand the setback required. Pretty much all decent valves will tell you how deep from the FINISHED wall surface the valve needs to be to enable the trim to fit properly. It is far easier to do if you have the valve. Use brass/bronze dog-eared els so you can screw them to a piece of blocking that will hold the things at the right depth.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks