Shower Valve Question

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by dkn63, Feb 11, 2006.

1. dkn63

dkn63 New Member

I am in the middle of a bath remodel and at the point of plumbing in the shower valve assembly
    my question is : what is the best way to mount the valve and the 90* nipples so they will be at the correct depth to the finished wall
    I hope that makes sense
    thanks, Doug
  2. sulconst2

sulconst2 New Member

your directions should have a min and max to finished wall from center of inlet. do the math and mount a 2 x 4 between the studs at the right depth. plus don't sweat directly to the valve unless you take it apart.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

It is essential that you have the control you want to put into the wall or at the very minimum the detailed spec sheet so you can understand the setback required. Pretty much all decent valves will tell you how deep from the FINISHED wall surface the valve needs to be to enable the trim to fit properly. It is far easier to do if you have the valve. Use brass/bronze dog-eared els so you can screw them to a piece of blocking that will hold the things at the right depth.