Shower valve Question

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by robofvancleave, May 30, 2005.

1. robofvancleave

robofvancleave New Member

I would like some help with a problem, to make a long story short I had hot water invading my cold water, the source was tracked down to a Moen shower valve, I have tried replacing the stem, with no results, looking at the parts list I see what is called a stop check valve, I have remove these and can see no use for them, I noticed in another model in the catalog it appears to have a spring and mine don’t

I cannot find them locally, and before ordering them I just wanted to know if this is the problem or could it be the valve just gone bad.

The valve is a Moen single handle, about 30 years old, and has the stop check valves on both sides, brass stem with o-rings. Pull out to cut on.

Edit: I called Moen today, and was asked what stem that I put in and told them a brass one just like the one that come out, they said to try a plastic one, mod. 1225 and it shoud solve the problem. Any thoughts, before I order the part.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009