Shower Valve on a Different wall than head?

Users who are viewing this thread

GShelton

Reaction score
Website
www.houseofshelton.com
I searched, and read, but did not find the answer.

I am roughing in my master shower in new construction. The shower has 2 walls and 2 full glass sides. I would like to put the valve on the wall as you step into the shower, and the head on the back wall. Run length will be approx 8 feet from the valve to the head. Will this cause me any grief? Is there a max length for the run from the valve to the head?

The reason for this is there will be a shower seat across the wall that will have the head on it and I don't want the valve to be in the way of sitting.

Thanks everyone!

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can even put the showerhead on the ceiling if you'd like:

Attachments

• Trendy Showerhead.jpg
    Trendy Showerhead.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 700

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
shower

Functionally, it would be better to put the valve on the side wall so you do not have to turn around to operate the valve when you are in the shower, but otherwise you can put the head anywhere you want to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks