Shower valve / mixer recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

Coopns

Reaction score
I am working on an outdoor shower. Have the shutoffs installed and the hot/cold copper pipes out of the house. I am looking for a shower valve and trim kit...real basics. I saw some at HD but was 75 in store.

Found these two:

http://www.homedepot.com/Plumbing-Bathroom-Faucets/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xh6Zbreo/R-100449482/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051#BVRRWidgetID
Screen shot 2012-04-23 at 12.30.05 PM.jpg

and

plumb4orce. Does the plumb4orce have a mixing valve or it is just the trim? It says valve but didn't see any pic's.

Concerning the valve, are there adapters to screw on and then sweat the copper on to the valves?

And/or give valve recommendations please.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
SInce the plumbforce sells on E-Bay for $35.00, why would you want to risk buying it? The Delta you show needs the trim assembly which can be triple, or more, the cost of the body.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would never install a $35 faucet. Does anyone even know what brand that really is? The first time it starts to leak, you would be looking at tearing out the wall for replacement.

And like hj mentions, A complete rough body and trim is going to cost you something. The multi-function rough for the Delta is just a hunk of brass to solder the pipes to. The cartridge comes with the trim.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I like the major brands, for future replacement parts availability.
Delta
Moen
Kohler

The $75.00 Delta with trim would be fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks