shower valve extension

Users who are viewing this thread

Mercedes

Reaction score
can you use the moen valve extension on any valve?? the contractor put our valve too far back and now we cant put the backing plate on.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Parts are usually not interchangeable between the different brands.
Check and see if the valve will move in and out when you pull on it. If so, there may be hope. Two weeks ago I had a situation on a single lever faucet in which the hardware would not go on because the valve was too far back in the wall. The tile guy and the plumber did not communicate at all on this job. The lady was in the throes of a major testosterone attack and insisted that I try this and try that. I didn't see a cure for the problem, but I started pecking away at the tile with a hammer and chisel, working the backer board and tile around with one eye on keeping the hole behind the escutcheon. It worked out, and I was able to pull the valve forward enough to get the hardware on, maybe just an inch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks