Shower + Toilet Plumbing Check

Users who are viewing this thread

Ztruck14

Reaction score
Can someone please comment on this layout to let me know if there is an issue with it (code, functionality, etc.)? I am located in Illinois.

On the far right is the shower. The other fixture left of the shower is the toilet. The brownish areas are walls. You can see vent lines in the walls that go up to the attic and vent outside. Everything will drain to the left. The main drain line in the basement runs in out and of the page on the bottom left (not depicted). I am particularly concerned with having the low heel inlet joint at the toilet. The distance the two drains is a little over 7'. Each square is 1".

Thanks for any assistance!

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The low heel 1/4 bend is REALLY a tee, and a very poor one for that location, at that, even if you COULD use a tee in a horizontal line. If each square is 1", then the shower is awfully close to the toilet.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The low heel 1/4 bend is REALLY a tee, and a very poor one for that location, at that, even if you COULD use a tee in a horizontal line. If each square is 1", then the shower is awfully close to the toilet.
\
I think each LITTLE square is the inch.

Ztruck14

Reaction score
Yeah, each little square is 1". Like I said, the drains are over 7' apart. So I thought a better option would be to run the shower drain line parallel to the toilet drain line and join in at a wye down stream from the toilet drain, but before the vent. Is that acceptable?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks