shower spout adapter

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by oldnumber11, Feb 5, 2005.

1. oldnumber11

oldnumber11 New Member

My daughter has moved into an old house. There is no shower in the tub. Is there a way to set up a hand held shower head or a pipe that fits onto the spout? Or are adapters spouts made that would allow a connection to a hand held shower head? Any suggestions?
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I have seen hand-held shower adapter that are like a big rubber fist and fit over the end of the spout. These are hard to find these days. You can easily find a replacement spout which has a side connector for a hand-held hose.

More important, what is the wall material? Is it something which is meant to have the water of a shower?
  3. oldnumber11

oldnumber11 New Member

I think it is tile, but I am not sure. I will investigate.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

spout

ALL the handheld manufacturers make a replacement diverter spout to connect the shower hose to.