Shower shut-off at main shower/tub line

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by shawn630, May 1, 2009.

1. shawn630

shawn630 New Member

About a year ago, my plumber shut off the shower at the main shower/tub line because we never used the shower. Now I'm wanting to use the shower and don't know how to "undo" what he turned off. Any help with this??

Thanks
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

No way to tell without looking at it. It could be as simple as turning the knob, or lever, or he might have cut the lines and capped them (not as likely). If you can post a picture of the area where he did that, someone could probably help.
  3. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Need more info.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

shower

There may be internal valves behind the trim plate, or remote valves inside an access panel, but without pictures or being there we have no idea what he did.
  5. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I'd look in the access area in front of the tub. That's where the water lines come in and that's pretty much the only place the lines could have been capped. As others noted, it could be a couple of stop valves or the lines could be capped.