shower rough in valve help

Users who are viewing this thread

Loudgonzo

Reaction score
Hi all,

we are purchasing a Delta shower trim and handle for our new shower we are building. We found a faucet, but got confused with which is the correct mixer valve to use with it, because it is suggesting 2 different ones.

This is the shower and handle
[h=1]Delta T17T292-RB Addison Tempassure 17T Series Shower Trim[/h]
Below the description it shows frequently bought together and the 2 different mixer rough in valves. Will either one work? Or either one better? This is a new shower, so no walls up yet if that matters?

Thanks,
leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Mills

Reaction score
Don't mean to sound cynical, but this is a good reason to support your local reputable plumbing supply shop, and I'm not talkin' the big box store. You'll get advice & support to go along with your purchase, and be supporting your local economy.

Loudgonzo

Reaction score
Don't mean to sound cynical, but this is a good reason to support your local reputable plumbing supply shop, and I'm not talkin' the big box store. You'll get advice & support to go along with your purchase, and be supporting your local economy.

Thanks, I agree, but I have time to do this project, and that means I have time to price shop. I believe I know the answer to my question, but wanted to ask to be sure.

Leo

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The R10000xxxx rough-in valve. The xxxx depends on the type of connections (threaded, solder, pex, etc.) and whether it has built-in stops (shutoffs). You would only need the diverter if you were dealing with multiple shower heads or if in a tub/shower, you didnt' use a tub spout with a diverter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks