Shower pressure dropped and noise increased

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYer101

Reaction score
Hello,

Just a few days ago something strange happened, wondering if you can help diagnose.

The shower pressure dropped quite a bit, and our shower is now noisier than it used to be (kind of like a high pitched whistle).

It went away briefly yesterday when I switched it form tub to shower mode and back, but today the pressure is low again.

This seems to be a quick change (not gradually building over time), so I'm wondering if it's in the gizmo that switches the water from the tub to the shower? I have more recently been switching from shower to tub to fill buckets for an evaporative cooler. I've included a picture if it helps you guess what brand, etc I might be dealing with. FYI there is, maybe not surprisingly, an H on the hot, C on cold, and a triangle on the middle knob.

Is fixing that something easy for a very low skilled DIY person, or do I call a pro (or is that too small of a job for a pro)?

Thank you!
IMG_0851.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks