Shower plumbing advice needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

speed51133

Reaction score
Could you all take a look at this and let me know if it makes sense? This is my first shower going in my own home.
http://www.pfisterfaucets.com/bath/product/3-4-thermostatic-valves-014-300a
the link above is my volume control valve(s)

http://www.pfisterfaucets.com/bath/product/3-4-thermostatic-valves-0t8-410a#
The link above is my thermostatic valve. I would use both the shower and bath outlets on the thermostatic valve as shown in the drawing. Everything would be 3/4in PEX. I would use 3/4 PEX - 1/2in female pipe copper drops for all the water outlet fixtures.

This is in a basement on the same level as the water heater (Rinnai ru98i) and well water supplied at 60psi.
The body sprays are rated at 1gpm and the sowers/rain heads are rated at 2gpm. I know i cant have all heads on at same time, but I should be able to have all body sprays and rain at once.

ANY tips are appreciated.

Attachments

• 20170330_130121.jpg
    20170330_130121.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 283
Last edited by a moderator:

speed51133

Reaction score
Well I decided to make everything out of 3/4in copper. I have adapters at the outlet for the 1/2in fixtures. The thermostatic valve is still supplied by the 3/4in pex.
Crickets....

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
Take out your PSI drops that usually starts at your house valve most of the time (look at gpm flow rates and friction loss charts on the type of pipe being used) and then you only need to check your psi settings to work with your faucet brand. I see systems working on 20/40 psi settings my way. Adjust your pre-charge in the pressure tank two psi lower then your kick on pressure. It just needs some fine tuning to work for your needs. I also like the lower pressures on the plumbing lines and to get more drawdown out of the pressure tank. You have to overcome the volume/friction losses with small pipes, which means higher pressure settings and more stress on your plumbing lines.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks