Shower pipe question

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by dcgee27, Feb 28, 2005.

1. dcgee27

dcgee27 New Member

I'm installing a new shower in my basement. I just ran the hot and cold pipes and connected them to a new shower faucet. I'm a big fan of soldering and all the connections are soldered except the final ones that connect the hot and cold water lines to the faucet control. These connections are threaded and have slow leaks. Is it possible for me to solder these threaded connections? Is there any solution other than taking the pipes all apart and re-applying teflon tape that would permanently stop these slow leaks?

Thanks in advance!

George
  2. RioHyde

RioHyde Plumber

You can sweat them, but to do it you're going to have to get the male adapters out, clean off any teflon tape and/or pipe dope, clean & flux the adapters and screw them back in....then solder it up after removing the cartridge from the faucet. I usually solder everything on a tub/shower faucet just so I risk having a threaded joint leak after everything is said and done.

good luck