Shower pipe question

Users who are viewing this thread

dcgee27

Reaction score
I'm installing a new shower in my basement. I just ran the hot and cold pipes and connected them to a new shower faucet. I'm a big fan of soldering and all the connections are soldered except the final ones that connect the hot and cold water lines to the faucet control. These connections are threaded and have slow leaks. Is it possible for me to solder these threaded connections? Is there any solution other than taking the pipes all apart and re-applying teflon tape that would permanently stop these slow leaks?

Thanks in advance!

George

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
You can sweat them, but to do it you're going to have to get the male adapters out, clean off any teflon tape and/or pipe dope, clean & flux the adapters and screw them back in....then solder it up after removing the cartridge from the faucet. I usually solder everything on a tub/shower faucet just so I risk having a threaded joint leak after everything is said and done.

good luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks