Shower p trap and vent advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Bid19123

Reaction score
I am replacing a tub with a shower. There is a p trap in place which I cant get too. The shower drain will be 36 inches from this p trap. I have read it is not allowed to have 2 p traps in series so I will have to run the 36 inches before the p trap. I understand this may lead to smells over time but I see no other solution. My next concern is a vent; will the shower need one and if so where should it be placed. I have never seen a shower with a vent.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
There's a lot of missing information there, but if you're doing ceramic tile, your guy can slope the floor to the existing drain. If you are going with a fiberglass or acrylic base with a drain cast in the center, good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks