shower leaks when hot

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by hoghead, Dec 9, 2009.

1. hoghead

hoghead New Member

I replaced the cartridges in my shower. They work great, turn on and off smoothly. However after a shower, the hot water handle becomes hard to turn. Then it leaks until it cools down and you can turn the handle all the way off. When it is hot, in other words after a shower, it seems to drag in either direction and can't be turned completely off. After it cools down however it is smooth as silk. Any ideas? By the way, after I replaced the cartridge and this started happening, I went back and replaced the spring and seal thinking maybe it was just bad rubber. Still a problem.
  2. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

Can't make a guess without knowing the make and model of the valve.
  3. hoghead

hoghead New Member

The cartridge is a Delta. The model of the seal and spring kit is DL-9. I don't know the model of the cartridge. It is plastic with a metal piece with a hole in it that bears against the rubber seal.