shower leaks when hot

Users who are viewing this thread

hoghead

Reaction score
I replaced the cartridges in my shower. They work great, turn on and off smoothly. However after a shower, the hot water handle becomes hard to turn. Then it leaks until it cools down and you can turn the handle all the way off. When it is hot, in other words after a shower, it seems to drag in either direction and can't be turned completely off. After it cools down however it is smooth as silk. Any ideas? By the way, after I replaced the cartridge and this started happening, I went back and replaced the spring and seal thinking maybe it was just bad rubber. Still a problem.

hoghead

Reaction score
The cartridge is a Delta. The model of the seal and spring kit is DL-9. I don't know the model of the cartridge. It is plastic with a metal piece with a hole in it that bears against the rubber seal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks