shower knob

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by volleywood, Jan 22, 2008.

1. volleywood

volleywood New Member

I have a sterling brand shower valve. I threw away the knob intending on replacing the whole thing. I had decided I would just TRY to buy a universal knob in stead. I have had no luck on finding a knob or good advice on what to do.

I wasn't wanting to replace the whole valve. Was wondering how to avoid it.

thank you
  2. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

I dont think a universal knob is the way to go.The ones I have seen never work right and they often tear up the shaft so it becomes unusable after a while.
    Sterling doesnt sell faucets anymore,but they say they will support the ones they did sell.If you call them at 1-888-sterling they will probably be able to get you a replacement knob.That will be considerably cheaper than replacing the whole valve.
  3. volleywood

volleywood New Member

Sounds like good advice. I will try that number. Thanks a lot Lancaster.
  4. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

You're welcome,let us know how you make out.