Shower installation over a sump pit in a concrete floor with radiant heat

Users who are viewing this thread

Wyo

Reaction score
Is is feasible to install a shower in a basement bathroom where the only location for the stall is directly over a sump pit? It could be offset slightly so that the lid to the pit could be slid off or on from behind the pit and through an access panel through the adjacent wall of the room next door. Or would it be better to raise the shower up onto a platform with a narrow access panel in the step? (I read another thread that recommended against putting a shower on a platform, but it may be my only option considering the radiant in floor heat problem.) I considered walling off the entire sump pump area but the loss of floor space would make the three piece bathroom practically impossible even with dispensing of the code requirements on clearances between fixtures. And the location of the bathroom door makes rearranging the fixtures impossible. Any thoughts on the logistics of locating a shower fixture over a sump pit would be most appreciated.

MNshowerdude2

not to be confused with showerdude, im showerdude2
Reaction score
Its 2017 and youve not a camera on your cel phone to share pics with?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks