Shower Heat Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigtwenty

Reaction score
Hello,

We have a single steam pipe system with a combination unit that is about 10 years old. When we moved in 5 years ago, the shower was always hot. Recently, the only way for the shower to get hot, is to turn up the heat and have the boiler kick on. The other faucets in the house don't have the issue.

Is there anything I can check or any part that may be the culprit? I can grab the model of the boiler if needed.

Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
MOst modern shower valves have an internal limit stop to set how hot you can make it. But, once set, except for seasonal changes to the incoming cold water, it shouldn't affect the maximum you can achieve. But, I'd check to see if you can adjust the limit stop to get things warmer. I put a thread in the reference section that describes how to adjust some of the more common valves.

Do you have an indirect WH, or an internal coil? The heat exchanger could be getting clogged up, limiting the heat transfer. I don't know that much about steam boilers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks