Shower head & Sink fixture recommendations?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by smallspace, Aug 30, 2010.

1. smallspace

smallspace New Member

We're removing our tub and converting to shower-only. Does anyone have recommendations on a good shower system? There seem to be a ton and they all look the same. Have considered: Moen 90 degree collection and Hansgrohe 31775001. Any thoughts on these or suggestions for others? Budget <$1000. Look: zen, simple, modern. The shower space is small (size of a bathtub). Don't want anything plastic-y.

Want:
    • fixed shower head (rain or wall, but like a med-large surface spray)
    • handheld shower (to clean)
    • water temp control (would rather not wait for temp to go from cold to hot every time)
    • jet sprays are bonus, but not required for us.

Also looking for a new sink fixture for our new Duravit XL 6404 vanity & Vero 04546 sink, so any recommendations there would be great too. Thanks!
  2. jc60618

jc60618 DIY Junior Member

The Moentrol valve is a popular choice.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I, and many plumbers, prefer the Delta 1700 series with separate controls for temperature, (which can be preset), and volume.
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I put in a 1700 series valve for my mother in May...works great. As opposed to the 'packages' the big-box stores sell, in a plumbing supply house you often buy the rough-in valve separately from the trim. As long as you get trim made for the valve, it all works out. They use the same 'guts' with many different trim.