Shower head riser question

Users who are viewing this thread

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
I will be installing Brizo shower fixtures, which are heavy, the shower head arm extends 15" from the wall.

The previous riser was copper. I wanted to use CPVC to rebuild the new riser. Any advice about that?

I'm thinking as long as the points where it converts back to metal(control valve, arm attachment) are firmly secured its okay.

Any reasons not to?

Attachments

• Shower head.jpg
    Shower head.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 348

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
Thanks HJ,

That's what I thought. My house is a 15 year old new construction tract house, plumbed with CPVC. they left all the stub-outs at sinks, toilets, etc, extended too far, with no pipe supports, with brass shut offs at the ends, perfect recipe for problems especially as the pipe ages. While replacing a shut off valve for the hot water under the kitchen sink, the pipe, snapped below the deck of the cabinet under the sink. and I did have a wrench holding the end, didn't take much pressure.

Going with copper

Oh yeah, one more thing, any recommendations for sound proofing behind riser? Trying to cut down on noise to the bedroom behind shower/tub wall, while I have it open. standard 2x4 stud wall with 1/2 drywall on the bedroom side

Last edited:

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
I am attempting to install
Brizo T60480-BN Siderna Tub/Shower, Brushed Nickel and add a separate handheld the

Brizo 88875 Odin Hand Shower Package with Hose, Wall Supply.

I have the
Delta R60000-UNBX Brizo MultiChoice Universal Tub and Shower Rough in Valve Body

My original thought was to add a diverter between the Delta valve body and the shower head to control the handheld. The 3 port diverter rough in valve for the handheld also has a large control knob. The control knobs are huge, seems like too much hardware for a 30" tub surround. The above seems more suitable for a large walk in shower.

Thinking of returning it all for a simple single hand held withe tub spout diverter.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks