Shower handle part identification question

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by richrc1131, Jul 17, 2013.

1. richrc1131

richrc1131 New Member

What is the name of the little screws that are used for securing that cover plate that goes around the shower handle stem covers? They install against the wall.

The screws are very small, have no head, and pointed at one end.

My wife installed new shower handle hardware, but left those screws out to install the next day and now they are missing. I need to know what they're called so I can pick up some replacements (if possible)
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

From your description they are probably "hollow head set screws" which use an Allen wrench to tighten them.
  3. Smooky

Smooky Member

4. richrc1131

richrc1131 New Member

found them

I found them in the screw and fastner aisle. They're called socket head set screws.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013