shower handle gap

Users who are viewing this thread

Niccolo

Reaction score
A plumber installed a Delta shower faucet for me today, to replace one that was leaking and corroded. I'm guessing that unsightly gap between the back of the handle the rest of the assembly are within spec. I'm guessing it's a function of the old rough-in valve position relative to the wall. Maybe there's an extension piece--whatever that tube is called--that would reduce that gap? I don't actually recall what the old one looked like, I'm guessing the same.

PXL_20230901_044704961 (1).jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
there is a spacer that goes in there that will prevent the tube escutcheon or sleeve as delta calls it from being to far in toward the wall and creating that gap . yea its a bit subtle but kinda ugly I think you could make your own too cut a piece of 1 1/4 plastic pipe around 3/8 long maybe

Niccolo

Reaction score
there is a spacer that goes in there that will prevent the tube escutcheon or sleeve as delta calls it from being to far in toward the wall and creating that gap . yea its a bit subtle but kinda ugly I think you could make your own too cut a piece of 1 1/4 plastic pipe around 3/8 long maybe
Interesting, if the back end of the sleeve doesn't need to be secured in place, I like the idea of making my own spacer to just the right size

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
no it just slips on and pushes in till it stops there is a large o ring that keeps friction on the trim . it might not even need the spacer and you can grasp the sleeve and pull it out to where you like it might feel a little loose without the spacer not sure but I think it does very little unless you touch it it could move back in

Niccolo

Reaction score
Separate issue: the maximum hot water seems a lot less hot at both the tub faucet and shower, i.e. it seems like the new (seemingly identical) faucet/valve is letting less hot water flow than before, is that possible? I don't think this design has a max hot water limiter. The water is very hot at the sink faucet right next to the tub/shower. I don't want to turn up the water heater temperature, because it's already fairly high so there's a scalding concern.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Open up the instructions and you will see there is anti-scald limit piece that can be moved. You have to take the handle and the chrome sleeve off to see it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks