Shower Handle Fell Off; Can't Reattach

Users who are viewing this thread

jzk9

Reaction score
I have a porcelain-coated cross shower handle (hot) that fell off the valve stem; cold is still attached.

I'm not sure how to reattach it. There are no set screws. It seems like there may have been an adhesive that attached it to the valve stem. There's no friction now between the ceramic hole and the valve stem.

So now when i turn the handle, it just spins and doesn't engage the valve stem. I tried teflon tape without success; it's too smooth, it seems.

I have attached some pictures. Inside the ceramic hole is the back of the "H" button. I'm not sure who the manufacturer is.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• handle1.jpg
    handle1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 254
  • valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 300

jzk9

Reaction score
very, very helpful!! thanks!!! parts are being sent out. still not clear what failed or why.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks