Shower gradually loses pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Machinehead

Reaction score
Hey all, browsed several pages concerning my issue and couldn't find anything similar. I replaced the stems (with generic) on a price pfister 07 series two-handle shower only rig at my parents house and now they're complaining that the pressure drops within 15 - 60 secs of use (I can concur). They don't use very much pressure to bathe.
I then replaced the stems with a factory set - same issue. I've checked two other showers in the house and they both perform in the same way. My parents are convinced this never was an issue (in this shower) before now. My father believes that the only way to correct this is too install a new set-up completely.
I see that as a waste of time and money as I don't believe this is the solution.
BTW, the water is supplied by the muni.

Any suggestions welcomed,
Thanks

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Sounds like a restricted flow. What have they got for pipes? Galvanized?

Try unscrewing the shower head and see if the head and flow resrictor is clean. Its unlikely but try it anyway.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

Your problem seems illogical on the surface, but if I had repaired the faucet, I would have converted it to the modern ceramic stems and trim which would have been the equivalent of installing a new faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks