shower final stages

Users who are viewing this thread

FL-DIY

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope I'm in the final stages! I've included a picture as well but, the shower has been completely removed. As you can see it is just the cement foundation and sunken shower floor. I plan to use 1/2 backerboard to cover the walls. They're covered in plastic.

My question; since it is sunken concrete, can I run the cement backerboard down to the cement floor and then pour the mortar for the floor? Or, it is imperative to have a concrete floor/wall pan?

Thank you.

Attachments

• shower floor 001A.jpg
    shower floor 001A.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 481

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
What is under that cement? You must have a waterproof floor and a plain cement slab is not is. You need a fibreglass pan, or a waterproof membrane ( PVC, copper, or 3 layer hot mop) The waterproofing should extend several inches up the wall.

For excellent shower pan help, see www.johnbridge.com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks