Shower faucet, what brand? Broadway collection

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Terry, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The homeowner is wanting a satin Nickel version of this trim.
    Does anyone know what brand or model this shower valve is?
    He thinks it's about twenty years old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

Sorry that this is probably not much help, but I have seen this very valve, with the cheapo stamped lettering and ugly visible screws, in an old hotel somewhere, but I can't place it. I'm thinking it's a lot more than 20 years old -- if it's an older customer, often they don't realize that 20 years ago was mid-1990s. I'm guessing pre-1980 for sure, and probably a good deal earlier. Strom makes one that is very similar, without the volume control, cheapo lettering and visible screws, but with the porcelain handle with the little pointer on it, in similar design and similar shape of the face plate, which suggests that they were knocking off an old-timey design, as they often do, but whose I don't know... Does it seem like a high-quality valve with an ugly cover (like an old, long-discontinued Chicago Faucet or something, because CF uses that screw placement), or does it seem like a lesser-quality brand? (I'm guessing the latter from the deterioration of the trim...)
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Terry,

I discovered this seems to be an old “Broadway collection” trim.
    This is not something I have direct access too but I did find one vendor online that you could contact.
    See picture and link below.

Thanks,

Garth

http://www.auburnbathintl.com/BroadwayCollection.htm

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Broadway "Old Dominion" line. A specialty faucet company should be able to get parts for it.