Shower faucet reviews? And another question...

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by schu777, Apr 23, 2009.

1. schu777

schu777 New Member

I'm going through and doing a Master Bathroom remodel and will be replacing the shower/sink faucets. Before we just go buy any brand, I got to thinking that perhaps I should check to see if there certain ones that I should really consider or ones that I should avoid.

The things to consider is:

1) Price - I really like to keep each one $250 or less - I guess I could go more on the shower one, but not much more than $350.
    2) Shower - replacement of the valve is fine, so of some of the fixtures I'm finding out that I need to purchase the valve separately.
    3) Replacement parts - got to thinking about this - I don't want to get some fixture/valve that will cost an arm/leg to fix in the future or be hard to find parts for.

I'm guessing there really isn't any reviews out there about certain faucets, more like which ones to avoid.

Another Question...
    Should I put in shutoff valves in line of the cold/hot water lines up to the shower valve? I can cut an access panel in the wall (be next to the toilet) to get to them. If so, would it be best to use the ball/lever type valve?

Sorry if this has been posted before, I've searched, but forum searches I'm not very successful with...
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Start out with a Delta R-10000 Universal Valve then pick the Cartridge and Trim set that has the options you want.
  3. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Jetta Whirlpool Baths New Member

Not necessarily an actual brand but I would say find one that has the following:

Ceramic Disc Cartrige
    100% Metal Trim ie no plastic
    valve shut offs built in
    Lifetime warranty on said cartiges etc.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

The ONLY shower valve I recommend or furnish, is the Delta 1700 series.