Shower faucet removal single handle unknown brand

Users who are viewing this thread

maxson

Reaction score
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg

I had a drip in the shower head so I turned this clockwise to tighten it. The drip stopped but but now I have a leak coming from the faucet. How do I remove this? Is this all 1 piece attached to the pipes? Do you think its OK just to turn this counterclockwise to remove it? Its hard to turn. Does any of this plastic come off? Any help is appreciated.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
I hate to say it but you're looking at replacing the faucet. There are three copper tubes behind the chrome trim that you have twisted. If you try to turn it back those tubes will shear off.

John

maxson

Reaction score
I hate to say it but you're looking at replacing the faucet. There are three copper tubes behind the chrome trim that you have twisted. If you try to turn it back those tubes will shear off.

John

I'm assuming that means cutting an access panel, removing it from the pipes, ect.... all that stuff?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Probably, unless you know a good plumber who can either repair that faucet, and you can't afford to have me travel to St.Louis to do it, or one who can change it through that opening, again, I can't come there to do it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks