Shower faucet removal single handle unknown brand

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by maxson, Jul 17, 2013.

1. maxson

maxson New Member

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 4.jpg

I had a drip in the shower head so I turned this clockwise to tighten it. The drip stopped but but now I have a leak coming from the faucet. How do I remove this? Is this all 1 piece attached to the pipes? Do you think its OK just to turn this counterclockwise to remove it? Its hard to turn. Does any of this plastic come off? Any help is appreciated.
  2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

I hate to say it but you're looking at replacing the faucet. There are three copper tubes behind the chrome trim that you have twisted. If you try to turn it back those tubes will shear off.

John
  3. maxson

maxson New Member

I'm assuming that means cutting an access panel, removing it from the pipes, ect.... all that stuff?
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Probably, unless you know a good plumber who can either repair that faucet, and you can't afford to have me travel to St.Louis to do it, or one who can change it through that opening, again, I can't come there to do it.