Shower Faucet Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

gotmojo

Reaction score
Good Evening, first of all let me thank you for the help that i have previously recieved here. Until now i have been able to figure it out from archive postings. But i'm stuck.....
Situation:
I just finished remodeling a master bath for my Brother in law, and among other things removed cultured marble in stand up shower stall...replaced that with tile. I left original hardware in tact, old single handle delta faucet, removed knob and tiled around, replaced knob then finished job, grouted tile, told BIL to mist grout for 3 days then seal, then he could use shower.
so, i got a phone call this morning, shower wasn't working, there was no water coming out. He said a loud bang was heard in the wall upon attempting to turn shower on.
Not Sure what the problem is, job is over 60 miles away and i haven't been back there yet - Could i possibly have put the knob on upside down, not allowing the valve to open?
I am puzzled and would appreciate any advice anyone has, as i am returning in the a.m. and don't have a clue where to start looking

thanks very much...

:confused:

Attachments

• Shower.jpg
    Shower.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:

gotmojo

Reaction score
Well I still don't know what the problem was but sure enough there was no water coming out, so i removed the shower head turned water on and it was working. so i looked at the head. It appeared to be in working order, put it back on and it worked.thought i'd let you know how it turned out.
thanx for the help

Pewterpower

Reaction score
Sounds like something was in the pipe. Did you see anything fly out of the pipe when you turned the water on (without the showerhead)?

gotmojo

Reaction score
I payed close attenention and ther were no visible obstructions or debris of any kind.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks