shower engages when filling tub.

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by blairleblanc, May 8, 2005.

1. blairleblanc

blairleblanc New Member

I just replaced old bathtub/ shower fawcets with a new pressure balanced Tub & Shower set (taymor) . Everytime I turn the water on the shower kicks in .
    I used 1/2 inch pvc to match into the old 1/2 inch copper ( about 2 feet of each ) should I go pvc all the way to the shower spout? Is there a pressure problem?
    thanks, BL.
  2. taymore??

Never heard of this brand, but it sounds like the internal diverter in the faucet is letting water go up the shower...

maybe you got soemthing stuck like grit or solder in the center of the faucet...
    if its a 2 handle one, could you have installed it up side down??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maybe I am just not up on all the faucets out there available,

but where or who in the world makes that faucet ???

does it come from taiwan or korea, china, some other third world coutry???

if it is some off brand knock off , that in itself could be your problem...

never had a problem like this with a Delta...

good luck
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

shower

I hope you did not use PVC pipe, and if you used CPVC that is the problem. It is to small internally for the water flowing to the tub.
  4. blairleblanc

blairleblanc New Member

thanks hj

thanks hj ,
    I replaced the pvc to the tub spout with copper and that fixed the problem , the restricted size of the pvc and fittings caused a back-pressure up to the shower .
    thanks again ,....Blair