Shower Enclosure has hole in it, possible fix or have to replace

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Manicmechanic, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Manicmechanic

Manicmechanic New Member

Our enclosure has a hole in the lower corner about the size of a quater. The fiberglass was week and pushed through, hole has been covered with tape to keep water out. Can this be repaired?

thanks

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    I would say yes.
    Look in the Yellow Pages under tub repair.
    They can fix almost any size hole in fiberglass.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Manicmechanic

Manicmechanic New Member

Well after checking the Yellow Pages I only found one ad that showed to repair fiberglass, gave them a call and he came out yesterday and made it all good again. I can't even tell there was a repair done! I had talked to several people locally that said it would have to be replaced and was about to do just that. $110. versus close to 2K with a tile job, a new enclosure would not fit do to size restrictions of doorway.