Shower Drain

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by NewDIYer, Feb 18, 2008.

1. NewDIYer

NewDIYer New Member

I am remodeling my old bathroom (1964). I have removed the concrete shower pan and realigning the shower drain so that it will be center with the new shower pan. I have got it moved and centered but it seems like the p-trap has a lot of water sitting in the trap. It does not seem like it is washing out. My question is how much water should be sitting in the p-trap?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The trap water level will sit at the level of the bottom of the outlet arm. If you are tiling this, suggest you check out www.johnbridge.com if you haven't already.