Shower Drain Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Jason Kay

Reaction score
I recently moved into a new home and the shower drain screen is loose. It just sits on top of the drain with no way of securing it to the actual drain pipe. I don't know if the drain was improperly installed, or what. But how can I secure the drain screen to this? There are no threads in the drain pipe itself. The home depot guy had no clue. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4506.jpg
    IMG_4506.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_4507.jpg
    IMG_4507.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 979
  • IMG_4508.jpg
    IMG_4508.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 338

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The cover has four "fingers" that grab the drain body, assuming you have the correct drain cover. If they do not hold, you have to bend them outward a bit.

Jason Kay

Reaction score
Which part of the drain are the fingers supposed to grab? The pipe itself or the outter rim of the shower floor? The drain pipe appears to be 2 inches. What should I be looking for to get a proper fit? The fingers on the existing cover extend past the diameter of the drain. Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks