Shower Drain Acrylic Base

Users who are viewing this thread

Mat D

Reaction score
I have acrylic shower base going in over a cement slab in the basement and I'm a the stage of installing the drain and would like to do it right the ''first time''....What kind of drain would you recommend? Someone told me to install the Wingtite drain assembly. It install from the top, so no two part compression gasket etc... What would you recommend?

http://www.wingtite.com/

Thanks,

Mat

wingtite-terrylove-01.jpg

wingtite-terrylove-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
I notice that website says " The O-ring allows vertical shower pan movement, preventing stress on the shower drain and pan, which is often the cause of the original drain failure.".

I suggest that you search this site for piles mortar to see if that inspires you. If your acrylic shower pan does not flex as much as some others, that would not present a problem for your proposed drain system, but it would feel better under foot I think.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That one will work.
Oatey makes one with a rubber sleeve that tightens by a compression ring.
Since this is a new pan with a new install, pretty much any would work. The one you mentioned is good if you changing the drain and leaving the pan in place.

oatey_no_calk_drains.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks