Shower Doors Kohler vs Sterling

Users who are viewing this thread

marshallized

Reaction score
Looking for a shower door, I know that Sterling is owned by Kohler but is their a quality difference between a Kohler shower door and a Sterling brand door. Is either one better than the other?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The one that costs more is probably better. But you can do side by side feature comparison....thickness of glass, metal finish, sturdy guides? etc.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have not yet seen ANY Sterling product which I would call "first quality". They all seem to be substandard and very "light". I personally, would not use any shower door by a plumbing fixture manufacturer, since there are too many "third party" firms that make very good ones, (and are possibly where Kohler gets theirs, since it is unlikely that they produce their own).

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I bought a 6' tub, and not that many companies make 'stock' glass doors for that, so not wanting to do a custom for the cost, I ended up with a Kohler unit...I have not been particularly happy with it either in the construction or the quality. I put one from Century Glass in at my mother's house, and the quality was at least several orders of magnitude higher for around the same price.

Anika_Homebuilder

Reaction score
seems like this is a very old post. But recently, I got this content on a great comparison over the Kohler and Sterling shower doors.
Here I got to know about some best shower doors ideas of the two brands too.
Why don't you check this if anyone needs to know the difference or some shower doors features of these two?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks