Shower Door Seal

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Manhar, May 17, 2006.

1. Manhar

Manhar New Member

May 17, 2006
    I have a shower stall with a hinged glass door which has a vinyl or rubber seal that needs to be replaced. I've looked at various sources without any success.

The seal has the texture of clear silicon, and the cross-section is in the shape of the letter T, or a small tack (nail). The horizontal bar, which slides into a recess along both the sides and the bottom of the door, is just under 1/8" across, and the overall height is just under 1/2". The vertical section starts with a thickness of under 3/32" and tapers to a point. I hope there's sufficinet description here for someone to go "Ahaa..." and suggest a source.

Thanks for the help!
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    Replacement parts, such as door seals, can be very hard to find. HOWEVER, the T-shape you describe is one of teh 2 or 3 "generic" seals widely sold, Take a little piece of it into a depot or plumbing store and match it up.