Shower Door Seal

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Manhar, May 17, 2006.

  1. Manhar

    Manhar New Member

    I have a shower stall with a hinged glass door which has a vinyl or rubber seal that needs to be replaced. I've looked at various sources without any success.

    The seal has the texture of clear silicon, and the cross-section is in the shape of the letter T, or a small tack (nail). The horizontal bar, which slides into a recess along both the sides and the bottom of the door, is just under 1/8" across, and the overall height is just under 1/2". The vertical section starts with a thickness of under 3/32" and tapers to a point. I hope there's sufficinet description here for someone to go "Ahaa..." and suggest a source.

    Thanks for the help!
  2. jadnashua

    jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

    New England
  3. jimbo

    jimbo Plumber

    San Diego
    Replacement parts, such as door seals, can be very hard to find. HOWEVER, the T-shape you describe is one of teh 2 or 3 "generic" seals widely sold, Take a little piece of it into a depot or plumbing store and match it up.
Similar Threads: Shower Door
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Glass shower doors Aug 4, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Custom Glass Bypass Shower Door Kits Jul 18, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Shower Door Hinges Apr 19, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Remodeling my small bathroom with Frameless shower doors: Any Idea?? Mar 10, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Outdoor Shower Diverter Jan 9, 2014

Share This Page