JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Red+Neck+Shower++Body+Jets.jpg

I'm thinking of ditching the Hudson Reed Rain head for a Fanta Can.... lol

redneck-shower-head.jpg

And the Amercian Standard Flow Valves for a nice pair of vice grips!!! LOL

RedneckShowerHandles.jpg

There is a lot of similarities in the hook up for the shower head in the second picture to my Jerry Rigged Rain head. I'll post that picture tomorrow!!!

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I hooked up the pressure guague to the top body jet location. With only two body jets running they ran at 10 PSI. With the two running and the rain head they ran at 3 PSI.

The gauge I have does not read these low numbers very well.

I did find that just two body jets the water pressure much harder and the distance travelled greater. No shocker.

I'm going to have to hook up all six and see the results. My daunters tub/shower is five feet wide. My shower will be larger. Still worried that three on the left and three on the right might be too much for my homes pressure.

Need to get some more Tee's, Elbows and Wing Backs for the rest of the testing. The women in my life (all four) have given me till Sunday to get rid of the Red Neck Shower

Eurob

master tile and stone installer
Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
I would've try to installed them -- 4 jets -- on the ceiling and adjust them in a whirl pattern . No more need for the rain head . :)

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Camera+029.jpg

Red Neck Shower Genius....

This is a wonderful idea that many of us pros can learn from. I don't agree with the recirculating pump angle but do like the idea of setting up a Red Neck Shower in the garage for the family to use while their bathroom is renovated.

A few years back a client bought a garden house and ran it from the laundry room sink to the outside deck. This was a red neck shower and the first I have seen in Vancouver. Since then I have had my eyes peeled - this one shown above is in the advanced class!

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Not a red neck shower this time. The body jets look great up against the marble tile. I took care to keep any strong veining details in the I Marmi tile away from the shower's fixture locations. Could not resist using this light vein detail in the marble below the Hudson Reed Body Jet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks