shower curb

Users who are viewing this thread

Carlosa

Reaction score
Ok, i have everything ready for shower floor, installed pan liner on floor and over curb with dam corners and the metal lath over it but can i mortar it after i pour the floor or does it have to be done on the same day i pour the floor?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Personally, I'd consider putting on the lath over the curb when putting in the pan's setting bed. The lath can help to tie the pan and the curb together if you use that technique. I like to form the lath into sort of a question mark shape, with a tail into the pan. The TCNA guidelines call for a reinforced mudbed. WHen you form the cup shape to fit over the curb, overbend it a little so it has a bit of spring to it, which helps to hold it in place. Only put fasteners low down on the outside - never any in the top or inside through the liner.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you're going to make it out of deck mud (I'd suggest not!), then no, you should do it all at once. IF you're going to do it with brick mortar, that will stick to the deckmud and with the lath, bond things together, so doing them on different days shouldn't be an issue.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Make Sure you Flood Test that Shower

shower2inch_a.gif

Here is a nice illustration of a shower flood test with an inflatable test plug.

Where did you source the dam corners. I went looking for some two weeks back here in Vancouver and after checking on 3 stores, calling four others found out none of the big plumbing suppliers even sell them! What a joke. Time to place another Noble order I think....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks