shower curb

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Carlosa, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Carlosa

Carlosa New Member

Ok, i have everything ready for shower floor, installed pan liner on floor and over curb with dam corners and the metal lath over it but can i mortar it after i pour the floor or does it have to be done on the same day i pour the floor?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Personally, I'd consider putting on the lath over the curb when putting in the pan's setting bed. The lath can help to tie the pan and the curb together if you use that technique. I like to form the lath into sort of a question mark shape, with a tail into the pan. The TCNA guidelines call for a reinforced mudbed. WHen you form the cup shape to fit over the curb, overbend it a little so it has a bit of spring to it, which helps to hold it in place. Only put fasteners low down on the outside - never any in the top or inside through the liner.
  3. Carlosa

Carlosa New Member

I got that part but can i mortar curb a different day?
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If you're going to make it out of deck mud (I'd suggest not!), then no, you should do it all at once. IF you're going to do it with brick mortar, that will stick to the deckmud and with the lath, bond things together, so doing them on different days shouldn't be an issue.
  5. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple I love these ACO Shower Drains - Best in Class

Make Sure you Flood Test that Shower

[​IMG]

Here is a nice illustration of a shower flood test with an inflatable test plug.

Where did you source the dam corners. I went looking for some two weeks back here in Vancouver and after checking on 3 stores, calling four others found out none of the big plumbing suppliers even sell them! What a joke. Time to place another Noble order I think....