Shower Body Stem ID

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by MyHD120, Oct 27, 2009.

1. MyHD120

MyHD120 Plumber

Can anyone identify the stems on this shower body. The actual body is Speakman. The telephone style external faucet identity is the mystery. The stems have no retaining cup for the washers. The washers are thicker then a normal washer and the washers are "push on", no screws. Of course, I'm only trying to replace the washers.
    Thanks,
    Gary

Attached Files:

2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Standard washers should work. You may have to enlarge the holes in them a little so they can snap on to the stems.

John
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

That style wall mount faucet is made by many third party companies, but since they all look similar, but are different internally, you almost have to know the manufacturer. I would suspect a "snap on" washer would be some import, since few domestic manufacturers would resort to that type of design.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  5. MyHD120

MyHD120 Plumber

Thanks, guys. I'm a plumber also. I've shopped the stems around Long Island for some time now and couldn't get a hit. The washers were shutting down the flow and would start to chatter. I flipped them over but now they are starting to whistle. The problem with using a standard washer, because it is thinner, would bring back the chatter problem. I will check the web sites. Thanks again.