Shower Arm Flange for Hacks?

Users who are viewing this thread

andruesw

Reaction score
I did a reasonable job of cutting and applying tile around my shower arm opening on the wall. Problem is, the shower arm flange that came in the kit doesn't quite cover up my flaws. If I had maybe 1/4 inch additional all around on a flange, I could cover up everything. Is there anyone who makes a shower arm flange a bit wider than the standard?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Take a trip to Low*s and HD and ask, you may find one.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you can't find a larger flange, you can simply put a bead of caulk around the flange you have.

Just curious why you didn't tile completely over the shower arm opening, and then use the appropriate size carbide gritted hole saw. (You use a piece of cardboard to make a template of the hole location before you tile).

Last edited:

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Verdeboy said:
If you can't find a larger flange, you can simply put a bead of caulk around the flange you have.

Just curious why you didn't tile completely over the shower arm opening, and then use the appropriate size carbide gritted hole saw. (You use a piece of cardboard to make a template of the hole location before you tile).

Hd carries the bits.
Or..Rotozip works well with ceramic tile.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I like to use the rotozip tile bit for enlarging holes when nec. But I find it much easier and faster to make the hole with a carbide-tipped hole saw.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Verdeboy said:
I like to use the rotozip tile bit for enlarging holes when nec. But I find it much easier and faster to make the hole with a carbide-tipped hole saw.
Oh yeah, I keep a rotozip on the truck for shower valves specifically.
All I use it for...then pop on a goof plate after.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks