Shoutout to Winnelson

Users who are viewing this thread

vivix

Reaction score
We've been upgrading the toilets in our house including the horrible Alexis toilet from Sam's club. I got a crazy deal on a drake tank ST743#01. I was going to order the bowl online but after reading all the horror stories of toilets that arrived broken, I became hesitant. Upon researching this forum, I followed the often repeated advice here about calling local plumbing supply stores. I contacted a couple and their prices for just the C744EG#01 bowl ranged from $250 to $360.
I finally tried my local Winnelson and hit the jackpot. Their customer service was excellent and their price was unbelievably cheaper than all the other places I called by about one hundred dollars. Stop by one of their stores and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Thanks! That's great to know. We have one nearby on Long Island, so I will consider them next time I need something.

You actually are yet another example of how you have to call around, and why calling 5 places minimum is important. Some will be way high, some will be low, some will be mean and dismissive, some will be unbelievably nice. So often, there is mean and high, nice and high and then, voila, nice and low. You just have to hunt for the nice and low. And you found one!!

Oddly, I haven't heard too much about mean and low, i.e. stores that are mean but inexpensive. It's kind of like a surgeon friend of mine says, "There are are bad fast surgeons, bad slow surgeons, and good fast surgeons. There are no good slow surgeons."

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks