Should I replace old flange

Users who are viewing this thread

dghra00123

Reaction score
Hello,

First time posting here. Thanks for the great site. I have found a lot of valuable information here.

I am in the middle of bathroom renovation. The floor will be tiled.
I will be adding 23/32" plywood in addition to the existing subfloor, then 1/4" CBU and then tile.

The existing toilet flange sits right on the subfloor. After adding the plywood, CBU and tile I am considering using Set-Rite to bring the flange up to the finished floor and seal it with 2 wax rings (as per the Set-Rite instructions).

The subfloor seems to be Ok, it is not soft, or visible rotten.
I did install two 2x6 pieces under the subfloor, for added strength and to ensure that the flange screws will have sufficient materiel to bite to.
You can see the 2x6 in the last two photos.

I do not have access from underneath, except for a two openings few inches next to the flange, on top.

What I am not sure about is whether I should actually replace the flange all together.
There is a tiny little crack - the red circle in the first photo. It does not seem to affect anything, but I am not sure if it is something I should be worrying about?

The drain pipe is 3" and the flange slides over it.

Thanks,

Dim

DSC_5739.JPG
DSC_5746.JPG
DSC_5750.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks