Should I install the top distributor basket?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by amateurplumber1, May 6, 2013.

1. amateurplumber1

amateurplumber1 Member

My system came with one, but I see no mention of it in the instructions, lol. Im thinking that I should put it in there as a precaution.
  2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Top baskets are not typically required but they are a good idea on most softeners.
  3. JohnnyO

JohnnyO New Member

I installed mine. That was part of the the reason I downloaded and read installation instructions from 4 different sites. I was able to piece together the best. Some had great photos, some had decent programming directions, etc. Be gentle when setting the valve on the tank. You will feel resistance from the top distributor as the distribution tube enters it.