Shorter Power Pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Greatwhitewing

Reaction score
http://www.renewability.com/

Is there a shorter 3 inch version around 18-19 long from a good company? That's all I have available on my stack but sure like the idea of it.

Does it make sense to use it for ONLY the shower drain water? I would be missing the hot gray water from the sinks (minimal), washing machine (fair amount) and dishwasher (quite hot but small volume)?

With just shower drain I could put about 6-7 feet of it behind a wall on a floor below shower and one floor above indirect tank feed... Have to run some copper...

power-pipe_recovery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
In MY experience, sink handwashing water is rarely hot, sometimes lukewarm at best, often cold. Same true for washing machine. So would it be worth the effor to capture that minimal heat?

Jastori

Reaction score
From their website:

"It is not recommended to install a Power-Pipe® shorter than 30" and longer than 72", although they are available upon request."

I suspect that the 18-19 inches you have available is not enough to save much energy - I would give them a call and inquire.

Greatwhitewing

Reaction score
I didn't see that on the website. Thanks

From their website:

"It is not recommended to install a Power-Pipe® shorter than 30" and longer than 72", although they are available upon request."

I suspect that the 18-19 inches you have available is not enough to save much energy - I would give them a call and inquire.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks